West Africa Internship (Literacy and Scripture Engagement)
Our West Africa Literacy and Scripture Engagement internship offers an opportunity to one intern to view the Bible translation ministry roles of literacy and Scripture engagement (i.e., discipleship) in a cross-cultural setting. The intern will have the opportunity to experience town and village living throughout the summer and actively engage in literacy and Scripture engagement activities, and language learning (depending on current field personnel and intern interest). This intern will have the opportunity to learn about and interact with a local people group of a neighboring faith, participate in language learning, as well as learn how to build relationships and minister within their cultural context.
Literacy, Scripture engagement, discipleship, language learning, village living
What kind of interns are we looking for?
- Humble, teachable, servant leaders
- Willing and able to live in remote contexts
- Excited about learning new languages
- Someone with a focus, background, and/or passion for education
- Must be flexible and adaptable, willing to travel to a village
- Possessing a heart for those of a neighboring faith
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for an internship by contacting one of our recruiters via email or phone. After dialoguing with you about which internship allocation is the best fit for your interests, they will send you an information packet including:
- An electronic application
- Electronic reference forms
- Sample budgets
Click here to send us a message. (Be sure to select the 'recruitment' category.) Or call the recruitment department at (214) 699-4221.
Contact a Recruiter
Director of Recruitment
Pioneer Bible Translators of Canada
Email Internship Coordinator