East Africa Internship
The East Africa internship will offer the opportunity to engage in one of the most vital ministries within the field of Bible translation –Scripture Impact. This is an ideal internship for someone interested in discipleship making movements. It will also provide the chance to observe Bible translation firsthand to see how the two things go hand in hand.
Some of the highlights from previous internships to this field include participating in Discovery Bible Study, staying overnight in a nearby village, showing the Jesus film and hands on discipleship through Scripture distribution. In contrast to some of the other internships, you will spend the majority of the summer in a more developed city, taking time to visit a couple of remote areas for shorter periods of time. You’ll be blessed by the opportunity to live and experience life with different missionary families.
Scripture Impact, discipleship, language learning, Bible translation
In addition to the aforementioned internship, the team is open to hosting interns with specific interests in support roles like IT, teaching missionary children, finance and administration.
What kind of interns are we looking for?
- Humble, teachable, servant leaders
- Individuals who are specifically exploring if Africa might be a place of long-term service
- Individuals who have an interest in Scripture impact, discipleship, and/or support roles
- Individuals who are open to developing strategies for impacting communities with Scripture and working alongside the local church
- Individuals who love people and want to make disciples
- Students who are flexible
- Those who are willing to do whatever is needed
- Must be adaptable
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for an internship by contacting one of our recruiters via email or phone. After dialoguing with you about which internship allocation is the best fit for your interests, they will send you an information packet including:
- An electronic application
- Electronic reference forms
- Sample budgets
Click here to send us a message. (Be sure to select the 'recruitment' category.) Or call the recruitment department at (214) 699-4221.
Contact a Recruiter
Director of Recruitment
Pioneer Bible Translators of Canada
Email Internship Coordinator