East Africa Internship
The East Africa internship offers opportunities to experience a variety of ministries within the field of Bible translation – specifically translation and Scripture Impact. This is an ideal internship for someone interested in discipleship making movements. It will also provide the chance to observe Bible translation firsthand.
Some of the highlights from previous internships to this field include going on a linguistic survey, staying overnight in a nearby village, showing the Jesus film and hands-on discipleship through Scripture distribution. In contrast to some of the other internships, you will spend the majority of the summer in a more developed city, taking time to visit a couple of remote areas for shorter periods of time. You’ll be blessed by the opportunity to live and experience life with different missionary families.
Bible Translation, Scripture Impact, discipleship, language learning
In addition to the aforementioned internship, the team is open to hosting interns with specific interests in support roles like IT, teaching missionary children, finance and administration.
What kind of interns are we looking for?
- humble, teachable, servant leaders
- individuals who have an interest in Bible translation, Scripture impact/discipleship, and/or support roles
- individuals who are open to developing strategies for how to impact communities with Scripture
- individuals who love people and want to make disciples
- students who are flexible
- willing to do whatever is needed
- previous linguistic experience/interest is a plus, but not a requirement
- must be adaptable
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for an internship by contacting one of our recruiters via email or phone. After dialoguing with you about which internship allocation is the best fit for your interests, they will send you an information packet including:
- An electronic application
- Electronic reference forms
- Background screen consent form
- Sample budgets
Click here to send us a message. (Be sure to select the ‘recruitment’ category.) Or call the recruitment department at (214) 699-4221.