Papua New Guinea Internship
During the course of the summer, interns generally split their time between 2-3 remote villages. This internship offers the opportunity to learn a new language (Melanesian Pidgin), acclimate to and thrive in a South Pacific context, as well as participate in and observe translation, literacy and Scripture Impact. Language learning is a very social experience on this internship, as it takes place during regular day activities, such as hiking, hunting, fishing, working in the nationals’ gardens, washing clothes or cooking.
Bible translation, literacy, village living, support work, working amongst individuals from animistic backgrounds, training nationals, survey
What kind of interns are we looking for?
- Adaptable, humble, teachable, servant leaders
- Willing and able to live in remote contexts
- Not afraid of physically strenuous situations (some villages are quite remote and require day-long hikes and long canoe rides to get to them)
- Excited about learning new languages
- Previous linguistic training is not required but is an asset
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for an internship by contacting one of our recruiters via email or phone. After dialoguing with you about which internship allocation is the best fit for your interests, they will send you an information packet including:
- An electronic application
- Electronic reference forms
- Sample budgets
Click here to send us a message. (Be sure to select the 'recruitment' category.) Or call the recruitment department at (214) 699-4221.
Contact a Recruiter
Director of Recruitment
Pioneer Bible Translators of Canada
Email Internship Coordinator