📍 Dallas, TX
In order for people to get involved in the Bible translation movement, they need someone to tell them about the people groups who are still waiting. The reality is that many Christians have no idea there are entire language groups who do not have access to Scripture in the language moms are yelling at their kids in. They also may not know that the skill sets they possess are the very things our teammates overseas and in the U.S. are fervently lifting up to God. The Recruitment Team at Pioneer Bible Translators shares the plight of the Bibleless and churchless people groups around the world. During the course of an internship with the recruitment department, students will receive hands on experience in:
- Sharing the stories of the Bibleless and those that work alongside them
- How Pioneer Bible Translators uses spiritual formation as our methodology for helping people discover God’s will for their lives
- Planning recruitment events
- Communicating with people from a wide variety of backgrounds through email and phone/video conversations
- Getting to know the various fields of Pioneer Bible Translators and each one’s unique needs
- Understanding the wide range of skills and gifts needed in the ministry of Bible translation
- The importance of prayer in Kingdom recruitment
What kind of interns are we looking for?
- Humble, teachable, servant leaders
- People who are self-motivated and go-getters
- Individuals who enjoy deep conversation and are good communicators
- Disciple makers who love encouraging others in their pursuit of Jesus
- People who practice discretion and can be trusted with sensitive information
- People who aren’t afraid to ask hard questions
- A sense of humor is a plus
While we are unable to pay a stipend for the summer, we may be able to assist with housing.
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for an internship by contacting one of our recruiters via email or phone. After dialoguing with you about which internship allocation is the best fit for your interests, they will send you an information packet including:
- An electronic application
- Electronic reference forms
- Sample budgets
Click here to send us a message. (Be sure to select the 'recruitment' category.) Or call the recruitment department at (214) 699-4221.
Contact a Recruiter
Director of Recruitment
Pioneer Bible Translators of Canada
Email Internship Coordinator