Community Health Evangelism (CHE) workers strive to integrate discipleship with community-based, health-focused initiatives.
- Meeting the felt needs of the marginalized
- Demonstrating the love of Christ in tangible ways
- Holistic ministry that addresses the whole person
- Training in CHE methods
- Knowledge of basic health information (previous experience in the medical profession can be valuable)
- Ability to train and mentor others
CHE workers use sustainable development practices to address poverty through health education. Discipleship is included as part of that process. While CHE is primarily education-focused, for those with medical backgrounds, there may also be opportunities to use those technical skills in a practical way on the field as well.