Business Specialists use their business expertise and entrepreneurial skills to impact the unreached and marginalized people of the world.
- Seeing discipleship through solid business practices
- A desire to see marginalized people flourish through small business
- Experience in business
- Good communication skills across cultures
- Flexibility and creativity when working in different cultural environments
- Experience mentoring others in business would be helpful
Business Specialists use their experience to open the doors for the Gospel among unreached people groups. Business specialists may work through Business Development Centers (BDCs). BDCs teach marginalized people how to successfully establish and manage their own small business. This entry into the market helps them provide for their families and communities. BDCs provide education in basic business principles, along with coaching and mentoring.
Business Specialists may also work with fellow teammates to establish entrepreneurial businesses, which increase our ability to gain access to difficult to reach minority languages.
We desire to cultivate socially and spiritually conscious entrepreneurs who help meet the spiritual, economic and social needs of the people they serve and foster discipleship relationships in the workplace. Business specialists could come from a wide variety of different types of business backgrounds depending on the context in which they will be working.