Community Development Specialists empower communities to meet physical needs, solve problems and address social injustices.
- Meeting the felt needs of the marginalized
- Fighting injustice
- Demonstrating the love of Christ in tangible ways
- Knowledge of a way to help people (i.e. micro-finance, entrepreneurship, agriculture, animal husbandry, health education, public education, water resource management, etc.)
- Training and mentoring others
- Working creatively with the resources at hand
Community Development is a demonstration of Christ’s love through meeting physical needs with sustainable projects. These projects build economic capacity among local communities. By meeting crucial needs this work will also soften the hearts of community members who might be resistant to Christ. Through this work, some of the most under-resourced people in the world are empowered to meet their own physical needs.