Typesetting is a critical piece of the Bible Translation picture. The typesetter takes the translated Scriptures and formats them to get them into the hands of people.
- Loving people through service
- Working through details to support the big picture
- A great desire to see God’s Word accessible to all people
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with technology and an ability to work at a computer for long hours
Typesetters are responsible for ensuring that the translated Scriptures are formatted and ready for publication. This is a very detail-oriented role that requires hours of working through computer files to ensure pages are balanced, without typos, in an appropriate font, numbered properly, and other such nitty-gritty details. Work can come in spurts as books and projects are completed. This need will continue to grow as more and more translation projects move toward publication.
Most of our teammates raise support on behalf of Pioneer Bible Translators for their ministry roles. Support raising is not about money — it’s about prayerfully inviting people everywhere to participate in what God is doing to fulfill His mission.
We provide training to help you:
- Gain confidence in communicating the Biblical foundation for living on support, asking others to invest, and understanding “The God Ask.”
- Learn best practices and gain confidence in sharing your presentation.
- Rehearse with your peers and make real calls for appointments.
- Experience the value of meeting face to face with people and asking for support.
- Discover how to cultivate lasting relationships with your supporters.
We will work with you to develop a budget based on your ministry role, where you’re going, and your family’s personal needs. Our goal is for you to be adequately funded to maximize the fruitfulness of your ministry and your family.