The Deaf Missionary intern will play a vital role in advancing the mission of Pioneer Bible Translators by working with Deaf communities to provide spiritual support, promote inclusivity, and facilitate communication and outreach. This internship offers a unique opportunity to combine faith, cultural sensitivity, and language skills to impact the lives of Deaf individuals.
Community engagement, spiritual support to the Deaf community, growth in sign language and cultural competency, collaboration with local organizations, mission and story documentation
Training and education, mentorship
Interns may have the opportunity to participate in training sessions and workshops to enhance skills related to Deaf ministry and missionary work. Additionally, they may enjoy the benefits of mentorship from Deaf missionaries and translators from around the world.
What kind of students are we looking for?
- Humble, teachable, servant leaders
- Disciple makers
- Self-directed individuals who are comfortable taking initiative
- A heart for the Deaf community
- Conversational in American Sign Language is beneficial (level 3 ASL ideal)
- Background in sign language, Biblical understanding and experience with different cultures is beneficial
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team player