The Deaf Research and Sign Language Translation internship is an exciting opportunity for individuals passionate about exploration and interpretation of data within the realm of Deaf culture, sign language, language deprivation, and modality. This internship places a strong emphasis on research and its application in improving the translation of God’s Word into sign language for the global Deaf community. It is designed to offer interns a comprehensive understanding of these critical areas and foster a holistic approach to addressing the challenges faced by Deaf individuals. Through this program, interns will not only develop valuable skills but also contribute to making the Bible more accessible and meaningful for the Deaf community around the world.
Data exploration, research, analysis and interpretation, Deaf community engagement, and American Sign Language and Deaf culture studies
What kind of students are we looking for?
- Humble, teachable, servant leaders
- Disciple makers
- Self-directed individuals who are comfortable taking initiative
- A heart for the Deaf community
- Background and specific skills in research and data analysis are beneficial
- Conversational in American Sign Language beneficial
- Flexible and adaptable
- Team player